HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

7 Dots Studio July/Aug Challenge

Hello.
Just popping in to share a page I scrapped for the current 
7 Dots Studio Challenge which is a summer theme this month.
I scrapped this picture of our beach holiday last summer taken 
just as dusk was approaching and the Sun set.  
There are some beautiful pastel shades and tones in the 
photo and I wanted to try and recreate this on the background of my page.



Here's the 7 Dots inspirational circle.


 I used watercolours on the background - which is from the 9th Wave collection. 
All the other papers I used are from the Messy Head collection.
Lots of layered stencilling and stamping along with the watercolours paints.



I've also used some gorgeous Metallic Melts on this page from Tinby Designs.
I love the two colours I used on this page.  
Below is Patina and further down you can see Golden Nugget.
Both lovely colours with a super sheen to them. 






 Looking forward to incorporating these Metallic Melts on more pages.  This was only the second time I've used them and I've got a few ideas brewing on how I can use them some more.


 Thanks for stopping by.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wow I love the texture of your background, Leonie!!!! Wonderful layout,thanks for joining us at 7 Dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful.. that back ground is stunning.. love the soft colors and great textures too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors on your layout and I like to see how your photo reflects the tranquility ! Thank you for playing this month with 7 Dots Studio !

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, pastel desing; I really love it; thanks for playing with 7 Dots Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic! Love the color combo! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many details, just wonderful, thank you for joining us at 7 Dots Studios!

    ReplyDelete