HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Monday, June 2, 2014

Scrap The Boys - June

Drag your large photos out of the cupboard or box they've been hiding in and get ready to scrap!
Why?
Well, Scrap The Boys challenge for June is to use a photo larger than 6x4".


5x7" photos were all the rage years ago. 
Prior to having our kids we used to have all our photos developed in 5x7 size.   I have 
albums full of them - unscrapped and likely to stay that way except at least for this one.







The background is mostly Gelatos and I tried to layer the colours similar to the photograph.  There's also ripped strips of washi tape, stamping and gauze tinted with the Gelatos.



I added most of my embellishments on the white space of the photo. 

Head over to Scrap The Boys to see all the DT Inspiration.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. When I started scrapbooking I only really used the 5 x 7 photos, and then they got smaller until today when the smaller the better apparently, but I do love the bigger photo as the page back then was all about the photo.. now there are so many techniques and MM that the photo sometimes is the last thought on the page!! Love this challenge, have already started it.. Love your layout, the back ground looks amazing without taking away from that fabulous photo.. I love how the sky seems to go out into your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this page and am studying the details, in the hopes to become so artistic. Thank you for SO much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the background works with the photo, a fabulous layout Leonie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Leonie!! Yep those 5x7 photos!! Argh I have so many sitting around unused! Great challenge. Your background is amazingggg!! x

    ReplyDelete