HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Monday, August 5, 2013

Scrap For Help - August


Hi, I'm back with my DT sample for the Scrap For Help blog.
Here's the prompt.

This is my take on the challenge.
Can you see where I used a tea bag?


Perhaps a close up will help. ;)
No? 
It's there I promise. 

Give up? ;)
Well, what I did was cut open the tea bag and pour the tea leaves onto white cardstock then mixed it 
with Gesso and smeared it over the paper.  
I then brewed a tea bag and squeezed the liquid from the tea bag so it dripped over the textured background and coloured it a lovely tan colour.


At this stage I hadn't decided which photo I was going to use for this layout.
So when I was flicking through my pile of pics this one of my son at Avalon beach in Sydney 
jumped out at me.  The texture I had created reminded me immediately of the sand in the picture.
I then added some metallic blue Gelatos, to mimic the blue of the water.



So do you think you can use a teabag somewhere on a layout? 
Join in our August challenge and have some fun 
all the details are here
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, and your technique of using the tea like that is fabulous.. what great texture and love the color it has added to the back ground too.. love the pop of teal and yellow also.. wonderful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible. I am glad I popped over to your blog- its beautiful! Love that texture and it was created with tea! How cool! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super wonderful!! Love it!!1
    Kiss from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and brilliant idea!!! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are incredibly creative!! This looks AB FAB my friend. Brilliant job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout! Spotted the tea as a colorant but would have never guessed the source of texture from the first picture! So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Leonie, this LO is stunning. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm catching up on my blogging and only just seeing this layout Leonie. It is stunning! What awesome textures and I love the colours in it too.
    You are so very creative.
    Oh and just saw the photo was taken near where i live.
    Love it xo

    ReplyDelete