HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Scrapbook Store - April Sketch

It's been ages since I did one of the sketches at The Scrapbook Store but I thought
since I was inspired to create this background by one of their designers, the extremely talented Kim Price, then it was appropriate I also used this page to scrap The Scrapbook Stores' April sketch.
Here's my layout.

I used The Crafters Workshop 12x12 confetti stencil by Rhonda Palazzari to first add some texture with modelling paste.  Once I'd finished spraying with dylusions inks I then placed the stencil back over the modelling paste and used a paint dauber to add the bright pop of red.  
I like that it's not perfect coverage and you can see some of the white paste still on the edges. 


If you haven't seen Kim's work pop over here to check out some of the awesome layouts 
she creates.  Kim creates some super backgrounds on her layouts using dylusions inks - my favourite!
  so when she did a tutorial over here using these fabulous sprays I had to give it a whirl.
So cool watching the ink react with the water and blend with the other colours.


And here's a close up of my Journalling.
I scrapped this gorgeous picture of my eldest son on Geelong's waterfront 
staring off into space daydreaming.
So I used a line from  Adele's song 'Daydreamer'


Thanks for stopping by my blog and make sure you're back on the 1st of May I have some super exciting news to share with you all!
Cheers,
Leonie.


9 comments:

  1. What a bright fun looking page even though he seems so deep in thought, lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Leonie, love the quote.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh woweee!! This is stunning! I love that background and that photo is sooo carefree!! and yes I love Kim's style too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooooo color-licious. Love the bg you have made, this is soooo super coool !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza...this looks totally awesome Leonie!! The colours are just about popping off the page...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leonie this is just so fantastic, I love how you have teamed the bright red with your yellow, green and blues and oh my, do I dare say, what a FABULOUS background :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome awesome awesome. I think I like it....well love it. And that photo is just priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background!!! It’s perfect together with the photo taken by the sea! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing page. Beautiful. Photo, base + sentiment. Check, check. Check!!!

    ReplyDelete