HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Monday, August 27, 2012

Bird is the Word - Peace


This is the first time i've participated in a Bird is the Word Challenge.
The Word is 'Peace' so I used the quote below and some instagram 
pictures of a sunrise I took in July this year.


I painted my own sunrise on the Kraft base with acrylic paints.
I used this flourish from 2Crafty Chipboard, painting it white first and 
then using paint daubers for a mottled affect.

I cut some pieces out of the flourish because they were obscuring my photo's 
and I used the same technique but with blue colours and added them to my clouds.

 Here's a last close-up showing some sparkle I added by brushing Ranger stickles over the background.
and some sequins, I've been adding sequins to quite a few layouts recently, such an inexpensive and easy way to add some sparkle.

thanks for popping by, cheers. :)


16 comments:

  1. OMG. You are amazing. This is amazing. WOW oh WOW. Best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI..This looks wonderful.. all the work on the back ground really shows in this gorgeous page.. love the blending of the colors, the chippies and the sequins... fabulous work.. and a wonderful take on the word challenge for BITW too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Love the chippies and sequins! Very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely arty layout Leonie! Yes I think sequins are also a cool subtle sparkly effect & so cheap & easy to get hold of compared to expensive scrapbooking bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST LOVE YOUR PAGE!!!
    And thank you for joining us at the BITW - I'm hopeing you will join us more! This was FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a PERFECT showcase for those photos. Gorgeous work! We featured you in Monday's Mentions last week on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic Leonie! Perfect layout for that wonderful sunset photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painted sunrise is awesome!! I also love the way you added Distress Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is awesome! I love the sunset effect on your background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely amazing, everything about it!! I mean, WOW! Great job!! Love what you've done with the background..awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME blog post on the theme YELLOW Leonie...I love your collage and your snippets of Yellow trivia...your gorgeous layout and even the songs!
    Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your work! The colors look great

    Thx for joining us at BITW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous LO - Love your color and design. Congrats on being a Featured Winner at BITW. I'm a new follower of your beautiful blog. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful! I love the way you echoed the colors of sunset on your background - and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete