HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Friday, September 30, 2011

Sept 123, and Sassy sketch

Hello blog friends. :)
I have my take on Septembers challenge at 123 blog to share today and the 4th Sassy lil Sketch for the month.
First up the 123 challenge was to use one main colour - WHITE.
I gesso'd over some lightly patterned paper and then waited for it to almost dry before laying a big piece of bubble wrap over the whole page then lifting to reveal the bubble wrap imprint. I did this a couple 
of times and ended up with this really cool texture as my base.

The second part of the challenge was to use the word 'ON' so I made up this little quote
starting with 'ON'. I used some dusty concord distress stains to cover the white alpha's.
This and a couple of brads and the transparent tag were the only items of colour I 
allowed myself due to the 'white' criteria. gosh it was hard not to add
any other colours. But I'm happy with how my layout looks.
And the third and last criteria was to incorporate white space on your layout.
So i cropped my photo small and added very little else to the page.
Just a white Prima flower, a white pearl flourish, a white tag, the brads I mentioned and some stamped 
hearts.

This second layout is for the fourth sketch at Sassy Lil Sketches this month.
I used Jillibean soup papers. I used this Layout as an opportunity
to document about my second son's passion for Aussie Rules football.
He absolutely lives and breathes it, absorbing in some fairly obscure statistics about the 
game and the people that play it. He watches any games he can on the 
T.V., even games from 10 or 20 years ago!!!!
He definitely takes after his Dad regarding his memory of stats.
And as luck would have it 
his beloved Cats are playing in the Grand final this weekend and boy is he 
looking forward to that.  

thanks for stopping by and
 Go You Mighty Catters!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, Leonie. Love the background of the 1,2,3 layout - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fantastic layouts Leonie! I love how you've worked with the 'white' criteria in your 123 Challenge and how cool is that second layout.
    Have a great weekend. Go the Cats!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts are so gorgeous!!! I’m especially impressed by the first one. It’s hard to create a white page but this one is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both lovely layouts Leonie - love what you did with the gesso to tone down that paper - and the bubble-wrap - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic technique, Leonie with the 1st layout background and I love the title banner on the 2nd layout! Great work!!! :D

    ReplyDelete