HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

bonus Aug-Stuck Sketch

yay my first challenge for the month. 

 I got a gorgeous kit in the post yesterday from scrapbooking from scratch -lots of yummy Authentique papers. Couldn't wait to get stuck (haha excuse the cheap pun) into!

I used a technique with gesso and paint that i saw by Dyan Reaveley - gosh what a talented lady she is!
It didn't work out exactly how i wanted probably because i didn't have the right colour mist, so i tried inks guess what wasn't happy with that either!  So i tried watering some paint in spray bottle, still no good!!!! Finally i settled on straight paint and mist over the top. Not too bad but i've already started another layout just waiting for gesso to dry and i'm going to try the technique again.





I'm sure you've all heard this quote/poem before. It usually does the rounds of email fairly regularly 
but i still like it!


thanks for visiting, off to see if the gesso is dry ;)
Cheers, Leonie

7 comments:

  1. Just LOVE your LO Leonie.. the background looks fantastic and I really love the yellow and purple.. can't wait to see how fab your 2nd LO looks if this is your 1st try!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout looks fantastic Leonie!! I really like the colour combo and the paint looks fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout Leonie,That is a great technique have used that sort of thing myself a bit.Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have worked that sketch brilliantly. I just love your try at the technique. I think it is just fab so cant wait to see the next.
    Great photos and love the touch of purple.
    And yep, can't wait for Oct to catch up again....looking forward to lots of laughs and I am going to She Art my way through the weekend this time. I have not been able to touch it so I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Leonie. I've never seen that quote before & it's great. Love the new technique too!! You'll have to give us a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Leonie - this is AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!! I love the arty look here and the colours have been done so well!!! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Leonie!! The texture and the colours together are just so yummy! Have a gerat weekend :))xx

    ReplyDelete